- Soak bread in water for a few minutes, then squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Chop shallot or onion and parsley finely.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly with your hands in a large bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Form 6-8 evenly sized balls, then press them down slightly to flatten a little.
- Smooth into even looking patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick fry pan to medium high.
- Fry the patties for 4-minutes until browned and crisp.
- Turn and fry for another 4-5 Minutes until cooked through and crisp.
- Place on a paper towel to absorb access oil and serve.
I like these hot or cold on a fresh bun with any burger style toppings, but they eat beautifully as a meat, accompanied by potatoes and a vegetable.
Boiled potatoes with crisp onion topping and carrots and peas together with Frikadellen used to be a highlight in my grandma’s kitchen 🙂
Left over Frikadellen were devoured the day after as my school lunch on a sandwich. YUMMMM!
600g ground beef
1 large shallot or 60g onion
4 slices white bread, crust removed
some parsley (optional)