- Chop fish in chunks.
- Set 1/3 of the capers and 1/3 of both fish, coarsely chopped, aside.
- Chop dill finely and set aside.
- Chop shallot finely and set aside.
- Combine all but reserved items in a food processor and run until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, mix it all together with the remaining fish and capers.
- Chill for 1 hour or longer.
Serve with warmed baguette or your favourite crackers. If desired, offer pink peppercorns and lemon wedges on the side.
150g smoked salmon
150g smoked trout
350g Ricotta or cream cheese
1 tbsp cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp freshly chopped dill