a real Parisian treat.
- Sautee vegetables on medium heat in 2 tbsp olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Deglaze with white wine.
- Add fish, stock and potatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In the meantime heat olive oil and butter in a heavy pan, add bread cubes and stir gently until crisp.
- Add 200g shrimp to warm.
- Puree everything very fine in a food processor. Add whipping cream while processor is still running until just mixed in.
- Return soup into pot, add Pernod, salt, freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Prepare your warmed soup plates by placing the rest of the shrimp, some sour cream, fresh cilantro and warm croutons as garnish in the base.
- Gently ladle the soup from the side, surrounding your base to allow the garnish to show.
- 100g onions chopped
- 100g carrots chopped
- 100g fennel, chopped
- 100g celery root, chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 250g cod, haddock or preferred white fish, cut in pieces
- 1.5L fish or chicken stock
- 2 potatoes peeled, diced
- 200g + 100g salad shrimp
- 300g whipping cream
- 30ml Pernod or Ricard
- Sour Cream
- Fresh cilantro or baby arugula
- 2 slices white bread, torn in 1 inch pieces
- Olive oil