Serves 4-6, potato salad left-overs are always in demand at my house, so don’t worry about making extra 😉
- Boil Potatoes until just soft, peel, cool to room temperature, slice.
- Make your own mayo (see recipe-it only takes minutes) or use a good quality store bought product.
- Hard boil eggs – 10 minutes.
- Chop shallot or onion very finely.
- Chop parsley finely.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl, add all ingredients except tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix gently and add -if it does not look creamy enough- a little water at a time.
- Arrange on a platter or in a bowl with some greens and top with tomatoes.
If you don’t serve the potato salad right away, be more generous with your seasoning, especially the lemon juice. It will absorb the spices as it sits. Taste and correct if needed just before serving again.
5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, appr. 750g
1 shallot or 40g onion
10-20g fresh parsley
12 grape tomatoes 120g mayo (make your own?-see recipe)
25g lemon juice
salt, pepper, a little water, 2-5 tbsp