- Bring water for your pasta to a boil. Add salt.
- Slice the pancetta in ¼ inch slices, then in strips crosswise. Fry it in a heavy pan until just crisp.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl which fits your cooked pasta generously. Whisk, add pepper, parmesan, cream, nutmeg and just a little salt.
- Cook your pasta al dente. Drain. Place pasta in your bowl with egg and Cheese, stir. Put pasta pot back on your stove at medium heat, place everything back in the pot and stir for just a few seconds until the egg reaches a creamy (not solid) consistency.
Serve in warmed pasta plates and enjoy the comfort.
- 250g Taglierini Egg Pasta (6 nests)
- You can find them in Italian shops – or use your favourite pasta
- 160g Pancetta
- 50g freshly grated parmesan
- 50g freshly grated pecorino
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tbsp cream
- black pepper
- a hint of nutmeg (optional)
- salt to taste, but careful, the pancetta adds saltiness